RACINE, Wis. — Case IH, a global leader in agricultural equipment, is beginning a year of celebrations to commemorate its 175th anniversary at its global headquarters in Racine, Wisconsin. It was there, on the shores of the Root River, that founder Jerome Increase Case established Racine Threshing Machine Works to produce a revolutionary machine to speed up the separation of grain after harvest.
“I find it amazing to see just how far the farming industry and our company have come during the last 175 years, especially given the fact that we are stronger today than ever before,” Case IH President Andreas Klauser said.
He added, “The common theme that has always guided our innovative approach is to provide customers with ever-improving technologies that enable them to farm more efficiently and profitably. Mr. Case began this tradition, having worked extensively with farm equipment before he started his own business, and it became his lifelong passion. He believed that every piece of equipment manufactured by his company must deliver on the brand promise and saw to that personally. There is a famous account of him traveling to another state to investigate a product issue, even when he was well into his later years. Those principles continue to inspire and guide us today.”
Since the turn of the 20th century, when Case IH reintroduced the Farmall brand, the company’s technical innovations have continued unabated.
- Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) has been at the forefront of precision farming for more than two decades, giving farmers the ability to maximize productivity and profitability by using satellite technology.
- In 2009, Case IH launched Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) technology, which enables its CVT tractors to deliver an optimum combination of power and fuel efficiency.
- Patented Efficient Power engine technologies enable Case IH equipment to meet the latest Stage IV (Tier 4 B/Final) emission standards without complex exhaust gas recirculation systems or particulate filters.
- In 2015, the Magnum 380 CVT was voted Tractor of the Year at the EIMA International Exhibition in Bologna, Italy. That year, Case IH also launched the Rowtrac™ CVT tractor, which combines the individual benefits of tracked and wheeled tractors.
- Case IH’s award-winning performance continued during 2015 when the new Optum® CVT tractor was named Machine of the Year 2016 at Agritechnica. The judges were impressed by its stunning “power pack” design, excellent power-to-weight ratios, maneuverability, efficiency and reliability.